Visitors are an important part of the healing process and we encourage family and friends to visit. Visiting hours may differ from unit to unit. Please check with our nursing staff to learn about the specific visiting hours for your nursing unit.
- Visitors must be in good health, i.e., no colds, flu, communicable diseases.
- Visitors should wash hands before seeing patients.
- Check for infection control / isolation signs on the patient's door.
- Keep visits short; patients need rest.
- Try to remain quiet. Again, patients need rest.
- Ensure patient privacy. Leave the room during examinations, treatments, and consultations with health care staff.
- Avoid wearing strong perfumes or fragrances.
- Closely supervise children who are visiting.
- Use public restrooms rather than the patient's bathroom.