Gestational Management Classes
Gestational diabetes is a condition in which pregnant women that never had diabetes before develop high blood sugar levels while pregnant. It starts in late pregnancy when a women’s body is not able to make and use all the insulin required for pregnancy. A gestational diabetes diagnosis does not mean a woman had diabetes before she conceived or that she will have diabetes after giving birth.
Our gestational management classes educate pregnant mothers with gestational diabetes on how to control their condition and reduce risks that may harm their baby. Topics include:
- Basic understanding of gestational diabetes and potential risks for the baby
- Self management using diet, exercise, and medication (if needed)
- Blood glucose monitoring, signs and symptoms of low blood sugar, and treatment
- Counting fetal kicks/movement
- Care after birth for self and baby
For more information on diabetes education and services offered, please call (605) 696-8088 or email email@example.com.