HEARTH (Helping Elderly Adults Remain in Their Homes) is a program to provide support services including in-home assistance with personal care and hygiene, baking and meal preparation, housekeeping and laundry, errands and shopping, and more.
Care providers include licensed nurses, personal care assistants, and homemakers.
HEARTH services can:
- Prevent or delay a move to institutional care
- Promote and facilitate independence in familiar surroundings
- Ease the burden of family members caring for loved ones
- Provide continuity of care
- Provide professionally supervised care on weekdays
HEARTH is paid for by:
- The individual or family needing help
- South Dakota Department of Social Services
- Individual insurance programs
Referrals for services may be made by persons in need, community or family members, friends, or physicians. HEARTH serves the residents of Brookings County and the adjacent county areas.
For more information, to request services, or make a referral, contact the HEARTH Program Director at 605-696-7700.