Outreach Specialty Clinic Completed
First Patients to be seen this Week
The new outreach specialty clinic at Brookings Health System is now complete. Patients will begin seeing outreach physicians in the new facility starting this week.
The new 2,000 square foot clinic is located on the east side of the hospital. It was remodeled from a portion of the former nursing home, Brookview Manor.
The clinic includes three exam rooms, a procedure room, office space for visiting physicians, and a waiting room and reception area.
Specialists hosted at the clinic will include those out-of-town physicians who formerly conducted regular outreach at the hospital’s emergency department. Because of the limited capacity to host outreach specialists in the emergency department, the new area will allow Brookings Health System to increase the number of specialists who establish outreach in Brookings.
Physicians who will conduct outreach at the new clinic include:
- Dr. Greg DeSautel, The Dakota Clinic ENT and Sinus: call (800) 360-6161 or (605) 274-7440 for an appointment. No referral needed.
- Dr. Laura Larsen, Midwest Ear, Nose and Throat: call (605) 336-3503 for an appointment. No referral needed.
- Dr. Brian Brennan, Brennan Allergy Clinic: call (605) 696-8888 for an appointment. No referral needed.
- Dr. Richard Howard, Sioux Falls Center for Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery: call (605) 334-1930 for an appointment. No referral needed.
- Dr. Timothy Metz, Anesthesiology Associates, Inc.: call (605) 696-8888 for an appointment. No referral needed.
To learn more about available outreach physicians at Brookings Health System, please visit www.brookingshealth.org/Outreach.
About Brookings Health System
Brookings Health System, located in Brookings, South Dakota, includes a 49-bed hospital, the 79-bed The Neighborhoods at Brookview nursing home, and Brookhaven Estates apartments. It is a non-profit, city-owned facility that offers the community a full range of inpatient, outpatient, and extended care services. The emergency room is staffed 24 hours a day and provides around the clock medical-nursing care for patient needs ranging from minor injuries to life threatening crises. For more information about the services offered at Brookings Health System, please call (605) 696-9000 or visit us on the Web at brookingshealth.org.